Mentoring grooms employees through guidance. It involves using skills and knowledge that helps a workforce achieve their potential. A mentor involves and inspires employees to perform to the best of their abilities for their growth and the growth of the organisation. Training in mentoring teaches practical skills that develop qualities in mentors that they use to build and sustain mentoring relationships.
What Professional Training in Mentoring Must Teach
A professional course on mentoring teaches both the basic and the advanced practices. It involves successful creation of a mentoring relationship, which is an important step in mentoring. Creation of a mentoring relationship includes understanding of:
- The stages of development
- The point from where to begin
- The mentoring match
- The expectations of the mentee
- Development of a partnership
- The agreement between the mentor and the mentee
- The possibility of two-way mentoring
Building a mentoring relationship becomes easy by using the tried-and-tested tools. Mentors who have the skills and the knowledge about the various facets of mentoring are able to achieve excellent results quickly and smoothly. They not only develop healthy mentoring relationships, but also maintain it successfully.
Training in Mentoring from Creation to Maintaining of Mentoring Relationship
The maintenance of a healthy mentoring relationship is as important as its creation. Sustaining the positive effects of a great beginning requires different skills. Complete training in mentoring can only be provided if all the facets of mentoring are taught. Comprehensive training includes:
- Understanding what is mentoring and what it can achieve
- Creating a healthy mentoring relationship
- Maintaining a healthy mentoring relationship
- Navigating a mentoring relationship
- Fine tuning and transitioning
Training in mentoring empowers a mentor with the quality to adapt, explore and implement.
Benefits to the Organisation
An organisation is built by its workforce. Therefore, empowering the workforce directly leads to the growth of an organisation. A skilled mentor creates a workforce that is highly efficient, cooperative and satisfied.
Organisations that have skilled mentors help in the creation and sustenance of:
- A highly efficient workforce
- Reduction in conflicts
- Increased cooperation and understanding of roles
- Greater understanding of goals
- Increased job satisfaction
Effective mentoring help an organisation to build and sustain an environment that is necessary for faster and sustained growth of an organisation.